View all newsletters
Receive our newsletter - data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. Technology
May 11, 1988


By CBR Staff Writer

Munich-based Softlab GmbH, developer of the Maestro Integrated Project Support Environment, yesterday announced the establishment of a London-based Softlab UK subsidiary. The strategy behind the announcement appears to be two-fold: enhanced and direct support for the UK’s sizable Maestro customer base at last count some 50,000 terminals at 45 customer sites – and a chance for the company to establish its projected 20% niche in the UK turnkey software development projects market, estimated to be worth some UKP60m over the next three years. The company was at pains to stress that although Maestro – which runs on processors from Philips Data Systems, which also acts as the product’s sole UK distributor – accounts for some 60% of its business, the remaining 40% is generated by its magical software facilities management services – essentially the provision of the tools, managers, project experts and people to write software programs in one stop shops or competence centre. Last year the company, which is 90% privately, 10% Bauern MoterWerke AG, BMW-owned, saw juicy pre-tax profits equivalent to $14.3m on a turnover of $50.6m, and has already established subsidiaries in Vienna, San Francisco and Chicago. BMW will shortly raise its stake to 28%.

Content from our partners
Scan and deliver
GenAI cybersecurity: "A super-human analyst, with a brain the size of a planet."
Cloud, AI, and cyber security – highlights from DTX Manchester

Websites in our network
Select and enter your corporate email address Tech Monitor's research, insight and analysis examines the frontiers of digital transformation to help tech leaders navigate the future. Our Changelog newsletter delivers our best work to your inbox every week.
  • CIO
  • CTO
  • CISO
  • CSO
  • CFO
  • CDO
  • CEO
  • Architect Founder
  • MD
  • Director
  • Manager
  • Other
Visit our privacy policy for more information about our services, how Progressive Media Investments may use, process and share your personal data, including information on your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.