View all newsletters
Receive our newsletter - data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. Technology
August 15, 1996


By CBR Staff Writer

Six-year-old object-relational database company UniSQL Inc, Austin, Texas, is now offering Windows95 and Windows NT client environments for its object-relational database. Prices go from $375 and include C++, Open Data Base Connectivity, VBX, Object Linking & Embedding/OCX, Visual sqlX, Embedded SQL and Smalltalk. It thinks the Windows NT version will reduce prototyping projects by a quarter or more. The NT server version costs from $1,600. UniSQL thinks it will grow 15% to 20% between now and the end of its fiscal year in March. The company’s promised Web environment is still under wraps (CI No 2,922). It will use what UniSQL describes as a virtual schema to access information transparently across the Internet. It is due by the year-end . The base technology is a proprietary system developed by its Japanese NTT Data Communications Systems Corp backer to run on the Uni-SQL database and sold only in Japan. UniSQL will add its own technologies and package up the software for sale in the US and elsewhere. UniSQL says its additions will make-up 80% of the code – and NTT’s will account for the other 20%.

Content from our partners
Scan and deliver
GenAI cybersecurity: "A super-human analyst, with a brain the size of a planet."
Cloud, AI, and cyber security – highlights from DTX Manchester

Websites in our network
Select and enter your corporate email address Tech Monitor's research, insight and analysis examines the frontiers of digital transformation to help tech leaders navigate the future. Our Changelog newsletter delivers our best work to your inbox every week.
  • CIO
  • CTO
  • CISO
  • CSO
  • CFO
  • CDO
  • CEO
  • Architect Founder
  • MD
  • Director
  • Manager
  • Other
Visit our privacy policy for more information about our services, how Progressive Media Investments may use, process and share your personal data, including information on your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.