View all newsletters
Receive our newsletter - data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. Technology
June 30, 1987

SYSTEM RESOURCES SETS “UPDATED UFO” FOR IBM USERS LATER THIS YEAR

By CBR Staff Writer

Systems Resources Ltd is to launch a set of development tools for the IBM mainframe environment later this year. The products, which the company describes as an updated version of UFO – the package which On-Line Software International bought from Martin Marietta last year – will be targetted at systems programmers as well as end-users and are designed to facilitate interrogation of VSAM, DL/1 and DB2 files. They will also have report-writing capabilities. No decision has yet been taken whether to sell the tools separately or only as a whole, but they look certain to boost Systems Resources’ UKP6m annual turnover when they go on sale early next year. At present, the company derives 75% of its revenue from project services and contract management with the remaining 25% coming mainly from bought-in US-designed software packages. Originally, these packages included UFO, but now Landmark Systems Inc’s The Monitor, a CICS performance monitoring system that competes with Candle Corp’s Omegamon, and a raft of CICS-based products from H & W Computer Systems Inc – SYSD, a program development system similar to IBM’s Systems Productivity Facility; SYSM, a electronic mail package; CPMS, an on-line job management and print spooler; and CTOP, a transmission optimiser. Systems Resources, which has its headquarters in Coventry, expects to open a London office later this year.

Websites in our network
Select and enter your corporate email address Tech Monitor's research, insight and analysis examines the frontiers of digital transformation to help tech leaders navigate the future. Our Changelog newsletter delivers our best work to your inbox every week.
  • CIO
  • CTO
  • CISO
  • CSO
  • CFO
  • CDO
  • CEO
  • Architect Founder
  • MD
  • Director
  • Manager
  • Other
Visit our privacy policy for more information about our services, how New Statesman Media Group may use, process and share your personal data, including information on your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.
THANK YOU