View all newsletters
Receive our newsletter - data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. Technology
August 26, 1996


By CBR Staff Writer

Sun Microsystems Inc opened a new UK manufacturing plant in Greencroft, County Durham last week for its Integrated Micro Products business unit, formed from its acquisition of fault-tolerant systems manufacturer Integrated Micro Products Plc last April (CI No 2,891). The new 33,000 square foot plant will supplement the output of the original 12,000 square foot home in Consett, which is no longer adequate to contain the company’s 100% plus growth in revenues last year, and the addition of 50 employees with recruitment continuing – and it sees huge potential for growth in Europe, given that 90% of current ft-Sparc sales go to the US with the other 10% going to Japan. The plant was under construction with the help of a regional grant before Sun moved in and bought the firm.

Content from our partners
Scan and deliver
GenAI cybersecurity: "A super-human analyst, with a brain the size of a planet."
Cloud, AI, and cyber security – highlights from DTX Manchester

Websites in our network
Select and enter your corporate email address Tech Monitor's research, insight and analysis examines the frontiers of digital transformation to help tech leaders navigate the future. Our Changelog newsletter delivers our best work to your inbox every week.
  • CIO
  • CTO
  • CISO
  • CSO
  • CFO
  • CDO
  • CEO
  • Architect Founder
  • MD
  • Director
  • Manager
  • Other
Visit our privacy policy for more information about our services, how Progressive Media Investments may use, process and share your personal data, including information on your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.