View all newsletters
Receive our newsletter - data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. Technology
February 28, 1994

SANDERSON STILL HUNGRY AFTER EATING BROOK STREET

By CBR Staff Writer

The decision by Birmingham-based IMI Plc’s International Engineering Group to sell a 75% stake in its loss-making subsidiary Brook Street Computers Ltd to Sheffield-based Sanderson Electronics Plc for UKP600,000 in Sanderson shares and cash, with the other 25% going to the current management of Guildford, Surrey-based Brook Street (CI No 2,353), follows the losses made by Brook Street as a result of late delivery of its Corporate Unity software range, eventually launched at the end of 1992. Corporate Unity, aimed at UKP20m-to-UKP60m-sized companies, was not as robust as it should have been during 1993 said an IMI spokesman. IMI’s business is primarily aimed at large corporates, a market area at which IMI’s Uniplex subsidiary is now also aiming with its OnGo office software range. Sanderson now majors on Unix and open systems for niche markets such as hotels, solicitors, debt recovery, mail order, printing and insurance. It now has nine subsidiary operations and 12 offices around the UK. Sanderson chairman Paul Thomson said Brook Street was now running profitably, and would retain its own operations and identity. Thomson also said that Sanderson was still on the look-out for further acquisitions.

Content from our partners
Rethinking cloud: challenging assumptions, learning lessons
DTX Manchester welcomes leading tech talent from across the region and beyond
The hidden complexities of deploying AI in your business

Websites in our network
Select and enter your corporate email address Tech Monitor's research, insight and analysis examines the frontiers of digital transformation to help tech leaders navigate the future. Our Changelog newsletter delivers our best work to your inbox every week.
  • CIO
  • CTO
  • CISO
  • CSO
  • CFO
  • CDO
  • CEO
  • Architect Founder
  • MD
  • Director
  • Manager
  • Other
Visit our privacy policy for more information about our services, how Progressive Media Investments may use, process and share your personal data, including information on your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.
THANK YOU