View all newsletters
Receive our newsletter - data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. Technology
April 25, 1994

HEWLETT GENERATED $50m IN RUSSIA LAST YEAR

By CBR Staff Writer

Hewlett-Packard Co generated business worth $50m in Russia during 1993. Russia general manager Nick Rossiter says based on sales during January and February 1994, turnover this year is likely to be in excess of $100m. 75% of Hewlett-Packard business in Russia is personal computers, peripherals, Unix and other multi-user systems. The remaining 25% is medical, analytical and measurement equipment. Yves Couillard, Hewlett-Packard general manager of international sales says by June 1994 he hopes to have received full approval to up-grade the company’s presence in Russia. Hewlett-Packard will change its legal presence from a representative office to a full subsidiary and open several new regional offices. The Moscow office has already hired three new line managers to be responsible for personnel, finance and logistics. Couillard says the company’s most serious problems at present are delivery times to Moscow. He says they are too long since many shipments are still going through an intermediate despatching centre in Vienna. By incorporating Russia into a centralised European distribution centre, he says Hewlett-Packard is committed to halving delivery times to Russia.

Topics in this article :
Websites in our network
Select and enter your corporate email address Tech Monitor's research, insight and analysis examines the frontiers of digital transformation to help tech leaders navigate the future. Our Changelog newsletter delivers our best work to your inbox every week.
  • CIO
  • CTO
  • CISO
  • CSO
  • CFO
  • CDO
  • CEO
  • Architect Founder
  • MD
  • Director
  • Manager
  • Other
Visit our privacy policy for more information about our services, how New Statesman Media Group may use, process and share your personal data, including information on your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.
THANK YOU