20 Facts about Tesco Bank
- Tesco Personal Finances launched in 1997 as a 50:50 joint venture with Royal Bank of Scotland.
- It started in Credit Cards and then moved into Savings Accounts, Loans and Home Insurance
- Tesco Plc took sole ownership of Tesco Bank in December 2008 when it bought out the 50% owned by RBS.
- In June 2009 it changed its name from Tesco Personal Finances to Tesco Bank
- Tesco Bank signed a deal with Cable and Wireless for managed data centres and hosted telephony in 2010.
- Tesco is headquartered in Edinburgh
- It has a call centre in Glasgow which opened in 2009
- In 2010 it opened a Service Centre in Newcastle
- In 2010 its General Insurance body completed the migration from RBS systems
General Insurance completes migration from RBS systems to our own
- In 2012 it opened a second Edinburgh HQ
- In January 2012 the bank completed the a major IT migration
Migration is Completed
We completed the migration of all banking products and now serves all 6 million customers on our own systems.