View all newsletters
Receive our newsletter - data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. Technology
August 2, 1988

C&W FORMS JOINT VENTURE WITH THE CARIBBEAN CELLULAR TELEPHONE

By CBR Staff Writer

Cable & Wireless Plc has formed a venture to offer cellular telephone services throughout the Caribbean in conjunction with Caribbean Cellular Telephone: called Boatphone Marketing Ltd, the new company is 51% owned by Cable & Wireless with Caribbean Cellular retaining the other 49%; the partner’s curent cellular activities are limited to the British Virgin Islands, but marketing to the other Caribbean islands is to begin this year; the close proximity of the islands makes cellular communication attractive option, the new firm says.

Websites in our network
NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. Tech Monitor's research, insight and analysis examines the frontiers of digital transformation to help tech leaders navigate the future. Our Changelog newsletter delivers our best work to your inbox every week.
I consent to New Statesman Media Group collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU