View all newsletters
Receive our newsletter - data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. Technology
August 27, 1997updated 03 Sep 2016 9:12pm

CHS ELECTRONICS BUYS SCANDINAVIAN FIRM SANTECH FOR $119M

By CBR Staff Writer

Acquiring once again, the Miami, Florida-based international microcomputer products distributor CHS Electronics Inc is to snap up most of Norwegian distributor Santech Micro Group ASA in a bid to boost its Scandinavian operations. The deal will give CHS an 84% stake in Santech for $100m, and a leading chunk of the Scandinavian market. The remaining 16%, worth around $19m, is expected to be acquired at a later date. CHS has been acquiring both US and international distributors recently, including Lars Krull AS of Denmark (CI No 3,141) and, more recently, Geneva- based components supplier Karma International SA, for $160m. Last year, the company took over the European, Latin American and Mexican businesses of struggling Merisel Inc (CI No 2,989).

Content from our partners
DTX Manchester welcomes leading tech talent from across the region and beyond
The hidden complexities of deploying AI in your business
When it comes to AI, remember not every problem is a nail

Websites in our network
Select and enter your corporate email address Tech Monitor's research, insight and analysis examines the frontiers of digital transformation to help tech leaders navigate the future. Our Changelog newsletter delivers our best work to your inbox every week.
  • CIO
  • CTO
  • CISO
  • CSO
  • CFO
  • CDO
  • CEO
  • Architect Founder
  • MD
  • Director
  • Manager
  • Other
Visit our privacy policy for more information about our services, how Progressive Media Investments may use, process and share your personal data, including information on your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.
THANK YOU