View all newsletters
Receive our newsletter - data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. Technology
May 15, 1988

BRITISH TELECOM TAKES 51% OF TRAVEL SERVICES VENTURE

By CBR Staff Writer

In another diversification similar to its investment in the Albert E Sharp share dealing service, British Telecommunications Plc has 51% of a new company, Holiday Designers Ltd, with travel firm B S Mantzoz Holdings Ltd taking the other 49%. The system, representing a UKP2m investment, will offer travel agents Prestel viewdata access to all the information facilities they need to put together custom holidays tailored to the preferences of of individual customers. It is based on an IBM 3090-180 mainframe with a front end switch acting as a gateway to a wide range of reservation systems. In the first phase, it will offer a booking access to wide range of charter and scheduled airline seats between the UK and Europe. The second phase will add hotel and car hire reservations, and transfers, the third phase, set for next year, will add some more exotic features.

Topics in this article :
Websites in our network
Select and enter your corporate email address Tech Monitor's research, insight and analysis examines the frontiers of digital transformation to help tech leaders navigate the future. Our Changelog newsletter delivers our best work to your inbox every week.
  • CIO
  • CTO
  • CISO
  • CSO
  • CFO
  • CDO
  • CEO
  • Architect Founder
  • MD
  • Director
  • Manager
  • Other
Visit our privacy policy for more information about our services, how New Statesman Media Group may use, process and share your personal data, including information on your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.
THANK YOU