View all newsletters
Receive our newsletter - data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. Technology
December 1, 1987


By CBR Staff Writer

In ceremonies held in Tres Cantos, 10 miles north of Madrid, on Monday, King Juan Carlos I and Queen Sofia, Telefonica chairman Luis Solana and AT&T chairman James Olson inaugurated Spain’s first semiconductor design and manufacturing facility: the plant is owned and operated by the AT&T Microelectronica de Espana joint venture of AT&T and Telefonica, and will design and manufacture special-purpose integrated circuits for use in switching equipment and other computer and communications products for the European market; the joint venture has taken two years to reach this point, and production will start in the first quarter of next year; AT&T holds 80% and Compania Telefonica National de Espana the remaining 20% of the venture.

Websites in our network
Select and enter your corporate email address Tech Monitor's research, insight and analysis examines the frontiers of digital transformation to help tech leaders navigate the future. Our Changelog newsletter delivers our best work to your inbox every week.
  • CIO
  • CTO
  • CISO
  • CSO
  • CFO
  • CDO
  • CEO
  • Architect Founder
  • MD
  • Director
  • Manager
  • Other
Visit our privacy policy for more information about our services, how New Statesman Media Group may use, process and share your personal data, including information on your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.