View all newsletters
Receive our newsletter - data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. Technology
April 11, 1988


By CBR Staff Writer

AT&T Taiwan Telecommunications Co Ltd has opened a new plant in Hsin Chu, Taiwan to manufacture AT&T’s 5ESS digital switch for sale in the Republic of China (that’s Taiwan). When operating at full capacity, the 140,000 square foot facility will employ 380 people. The company a joint venture of AT&T, 70%, with Taiwan’s Directorate of Telecommunications, the Bank of Communications, and Yao Hua Glass Co Ltd sharing the remaining 30%. The joint venture has received orders from the Telecommunications Directorate General for 255,500 local and 125,500 trunk lines of 5ESS switch to add to the 24 exchanges with 18,000 trunk and 49,000 local lines already installed. AT&T is also supporting a programme to implement ISDN Taiwan-wide by the year 2000.

Content from our partners
Scan and deliver
GenAI cybersecurity: "A super-human analyst, with a brain the size of a planet."
Cloud, AI, and cyber security – highlights from DTX Manchester

Websites in our network
Select and enter your corporate email address Tech Monitor's research, insight and analysis examines the frontiers of digital transformation to help tech leaders navigate the future. Our Changelog newsletter delivers our best work to your inbox every week.
  • CIO
  • CTO
  • CISO
  • CSO
  • CFO
  • CDO
  • CEO
  • Architect Founder
  • MD
  • Director
  • Manager
  • Other
Visit our privacy policy for more information about our services, how Progressive Media Investments may use, process and share your personal data, including information on your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.