Our pick of the morning reading
1. Google Buzz is social Swiss army knife (Financial Times)
Google’s new Gmail-based social network, Buzz, faces a challenge to appeal to a public that might prefer the separate simplicity of 140-character tweets and the close social connections enabled by Facebook, says Chris Nuttall.
2. Inside the mind of Flickr co-founder Stewart Butterfield – and his new project (The Guardian)
Bobbie Johnson speaks to Stewart Butterfield about his post-Flickr plans.
3. HTML5 and the future of Adobe Flash (Gartner)
Ray Valdes looks at what the future holds for Flash after Apple shunned it and the emergence of HTML5.
4. SOA Software expands in face of AmberPoint acquisition by Oracle (CBR)
Jason Stamper examines what the future holds for the SOA space after Oracle’s acquisition of AmberPoint.
5. Data and its Sharp Stick vs Intuition (RedMonk)
In the battle of intuition and data, data is winning, says RedMonk’s Stephen O’Grady.