Our pick of the morning reading
1. ‘Notion of mistrust’ blocking route to home working? (CBR)
The technology is available to enable successful home working – but the attitude of bosses is holding it back, according to a panel of experts at a recent discussion on Connect Britain. Steve Evans takes a look.
2. Recovery in the Cloud: How Soon? (Gartner)
John Morency looks at the potential market for cloud-based backup and recovery services.
3. Silicon Valley Has a Woman Problem, But Women Still Have a Baby Problem (GigaOm)
Silicon Valley’s gender problem boils down to babies — as in, those who have them can’t be a startup CEO too, says Stacey Higginbotham.
4. Why Google won’t give Twitter or Facebook a buzz cut (Scobleizer)
Robert Scoble looks at what Google’s upcoming social networking announcement will mean for the likes of Facebook and Twitter.
5. Safer Internet Day targets 5-7 year olds and Microsoft’s web browser (The Guardian)
On Safer Internet Day, the UK’s Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre is promoting a cartoon to help children stay safe online, and making information and advice available via IE8, says Jack Schofield.