Our pick of the morning reading
1. Six year old Facebook heads into uncharted territory (The Guardian)
By the time Google reached its sixth birthday, it was a public company. Amazon, meanwhile, was turning its first profit. So where does Facebook go from here? Bobbie Johnson finds out.
2. Is your CIO making themselves helpless in terms of their people (Gartner)
People are the single biggest factor in determining the effectiveness of IT, but as Mark McDonald says, its more what CIOs and IT executives are doing or more importantly not doing that is shaping their future.
3. Google Nexus One 3G Issues Still Lurking (GigaOm)
Kevin C. Tofel outlines the issues he is having with Google’s Nexus One smartphone.
4. SAP’s CEO Resigns: Delays in Launching Online Business Software Cited as One Reason for Downfall (ReadWriteWeb)
Alex Williams looks at Leo Apotheker’s surprise resignation as boss of SAP – one of the largest software firms in the world.
5. Social Today Feels Like Search A Decade Ago: Lots Of Noise And Lots Of Spam (TechCrunch)
Michael Arrington looks out our decentralised online existence.